Wake Forest University
- Continuing Education
- Professional Studies
About the Program
These are the translation undergraduate certificates currently offered by Wake Forest University:
Certificate in Spanish Interpreting (SI)
Teaches strategies for different types of Spanish/English interpreting.
- Spanish Interpreting
- Spanish for Medical Professions or Spanish Translation or Intro to Spanish for Business or Contrastive Grammar and Stylistics or Spanish Pronunciation andDialect Variation or Language Engineering
- any literature course above
Certificate in Spanish Translation/Localization (STL)
Teaches strategies of Spanish into English translation and introduces students to various software/website
- Contrastive Grammar and Stylistics
- Spanish Translation
- Language Engineering: Localization and Terminology
- Spanish Interpreting or Intro to Spanish for Business
Check with the university.
Translation strategies are taught through practice at Wake Forest University, with emphasis on Spanish to English. Focus is on translating in domains suchas social science, computing, economics, the entertainment industry, banking, and journalism. Similarly in the interpreting course you will be developing basic strategies useful in community, conference, court and other types of interpreting.