QSD – Quality Language Services in Germany
QSD represents the interests and the opinions of the German translation industry, and thus of German translation companies within the EUATC. The principal tasks of QSD include strengthening professionalism in translation work and creating a lobby for the strongly expanding sector of language services within the globalised
This still relatively young association has brought together quality-conscious translation companies, a considerable number of which already possess audited quality assurance systems (certified to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000). Where no quality management system is in place, the Association provides the opportunity for new members to prepare to implement these or other comparable quality assurance systems.
In its quality-oriented policy, the Association is not seeking to create barriers, but intends rather to disseminate awareness of quality and to achieve a better
understanding of the complex problems involved in translation work. In particular, the Association seeks to achieve this by taking a public position on some
negative, and not always unjustified, opinions of translation services expressed by those commissioning work.
- QSD, as the German member of EUATC (European Union of Associations of Translations Companies), plays an important role in the discussions and decision-making processes affecting the European translation industry. As a QSD member, you receive first-hand information about legal and economic developments in the European translation industry.
- QSD focuses on professionalism and the highest quality standards for translation services. The certification requirements for members are correspondingly high. The QSD symbol is therefore a distinction which sets QSD
members apart from other competing companies, also in the eyes of clients.
- The PR activities and presence both in the German and the international market, assist each individual QSD member in their own search for additional business.
- QSD maintains close links with the other European national associations and their members within EUATC. As a QSD member, you stand to gain from this cooperative relationship when handling large multilingual translation projects.
- The exchange of information and joint development of strategy regarding issues of quality assurance and optimization of work processes are key areas where you benefit directly as a QSD member.
- Through its policies and its links with other professional associations, QSD seeks to bring about an improvement in relations between translation companies
and freelance translators. The QSD symbol gives a clear signal and promotes co-operation with freelancers in a spirit of partnership.
Contact the association for information on membership costs.
Quality Language Services in Germany
Phone: ++49 (0) 421 - 36 30 40
Fax: ++49 (0) 421 - 3 36 56 33