PAT – Panhellenic Association of Translators
The Panhellenic Association of Translators was established in Thessaloniki in 1963 and is the oldest professional translators' association in Greece.
PEM is a member of the International Federation of Translators (F.I.T.).
It is administered by a five-member board, which is elected at alternate general meetings and serves a two-year term.
The purpose of the Panhellenic Association of Translators is:
To promote the best possible working conditions for translators and interpreters and protect their professional interests.
To defend its members? intellectual, moral and professional rights in Greece and abroad.
To pursue and foster communication and co-operation with similar professional organizations and educational institutions in Greece and abroad.
To keep members abreast of translation-related activities in Greece and abroad (university courses, postgraduate courses, conferences and meetings on translation-related issues, terminology).
What PEM offers its members:
- Information about developments in the field of translation in Greece and abroad.
- Contact with other organizations and with clients.
- The opportunity to exchange views, experiences and information.
- The opportunity to take part in conferences and other events on special terms and at reduced rates.
- Special reductions on purchases and services directly connected with translation.
Contact the association for information on membership costs.
PAT - Panhellenic Association of Translators
Komninon 17, GR 546 24 Thessaloniki
Phone.: 2310 266 308
Fax: 2310 266 018