MATI – Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters
MATI - Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters
The Midwest Association of Translators and Interpreters (MATI), a chapter of the American Translators Association (ATA), is a professional association founded by and for translators and interpreters in the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin with the following objectives:
– To promote the recognition and advancement of translation and interpretation as professions.
– To promote high standards of professional ethics and business practices for professionals in the translation and interpretation fields.
– To advocate for the rights and interests of professional translators and interpreters.
– To encourage and support the formation of local groups of translators and interpreters within its geographic area to fulfill similar objectives.
– To support certification, education, training and professional development opportunities for translators and interpreters.
– To provide information to professionals in the translation and interpretation fields to improve their business abilities and assist newcomers to the profession in establishing themselves in the marketplace.
– To cooperate actively with the American Translators Association and other groups who represent these professions.
– To provide an open forum in which translators and interpreters and those in allied fields can network and discuss common objectives and issues of mutual interest.
– To seek to educate the public and influence public policy as it applies to the professions of translation and interpretation.
– meetings featuring speakers on all aspects of translation and interpretation
– networking opportunities at meetings and annual holiday parties
– professional development workshops and seminars that qualify as ATA Continuing Education Points
– listing in the MATI On-line Membership Directory
MATI membership lasts one calendar year, from January 1st to December 31, and are renewable in January of every year. (Prices for half-year membership between brackets)
Individual $35 ($18)
Institutional $45 ($23)
Corporate $75 ($40)
Corresponding $35 ($18)
Midwest Association of Translators & Interpreters
c/o Saul Arteaga
P.O. Box 196
Delavan, WI 53115