MICATA - Mid-America Chapter of ATA
MICATA is a group of professional translators and interpreters that focuses its activities and service in Mid-America. We exist for the benefit of translators and interpreters and for those who use our services.
Our major objectives are to provide a forum for translation, interpreting and other language professionals to share ideas and expertise through our meetings, fora linguarum, website and newsletter, and to keep our professional members informed and up to date through our annual symposium on translation and interpreting. We strive to formulate and maintain standards of professional ethics, practices and
competence in the fields of translation and interpreting, to protect the rights and interests of professional translators and interpreters, and to improve the standards, accuracy and quality of translation and interpreting.
– Professional Development: Members have the opportunity to connect with others in their field and to participate in continuing education through programs and study
groups. MICATA also hosts an ATA certification exam generally once a year.
– Online Directory: Members may elect to have their contact information and the languages in which they work listed online at no charge.
– Newsletter: We are reviving the Monitor, our periodic newsletter, to keep members informed about translation and interpreting issues.
– Annual Symposium: holds an annual educational and networking symposium. Earn ATA continuing education points to renew your ATA membership.
– We offer Fora Linguarum at different times through the year
for members to translate a similar text in their language of expertise and then compare and contrast translations among language groups.
– We encourage translators, interpreters and language professionals to join!
Mid-America Chapter of ATA
P.O. Box 144
Shawnee Mission, KS 66201