LLVS – Lithuanian Association of Literary Translators
The Lithuanian Association of Literary Translators was founded in May 2004.
At the moment it comprises 113 members (102 regular members and 11 honorary members).
LLVS is member of the Lithuanian Association of Artists since 2007, the European Council of Associations of Literary Translators (CEATL) since 2005, Baltic Writers' Council (BWC) since 2007 and Three Seas Writers' and Translators' Council (TSWTC) since 2004.
- To bring together translators of fiction, poetry, and humanities
- To protect the professional, social, legal, and financial status of translators
- To encourage the professional and highly mastered art of translation
- To promote theory and criticism of literary translation
- To create better conditions for the professional development of translators
- To call to public attention the creative work of translators and translation?s culture-unifying mission
- To raise the prestige of the translator?s profession
- To promote and maintain the quality of literary translations published in Lithuania
- To advance publishers? and readers? awareness of the quality of translation
- To promote international culture and literature in Lithuania
The Lithuanian Association of Literary Translators
- Represents the interests of its members toward state institutions; before the law; in matters regarding copyright protection; and in other areas;
- Publishes important information relevant to translators about tax and social policy, copyright, fees, topical professional news, events and conferences, awards, contests, grants, and workshops in Lithuania and abroad on the LLVS website and in its newsletters;
- Maintains a translators? database (www.llvs.lt);
- Presents a model contract;
- Organizes translators? discussions, workshops, and
conferences aimed at solving problems of translating
practice, increasing skills of translators;
- Organizes workshops and courses for the training of novice translators;
- Organizes contests and gives awards;
- Promotes the criticism of translations;
- Includes translators of Lithuanian literature in its
- Co-operates with Lithuanian artists? unions and cultural
- Co-operates with foreign translators? organizations,
cultural representatives, foundations, etc.
Contact the association for information on membership costs.
Lietuvos literat?ros vert?j? s?junga
?v. Ignoto g. 5-264, LT-01120 Vilnius, Lithuania
Phone: +370 698 18116