IOL - Chartered Institute of Linguists
The Chartered Institute of Linguists serves the interests of professional linguists throughout the world and acts as a respected language assessment and accredited awarding body.
Founded in 1910, the Institute now has around 6,500 Fellows, Members and Associate Members. It aims to:
* promote the learning and use of modern languages
* improve the status of all professional linguists
* establish and maintain high standards of work
* serve the interests of all linguists
* ensure professional standards amongst language practitioners through its Code of Conduct
It acts as a forum for linguists in all areas of professional and academic life and its authoritative journal, The Linguist, contains articles of academic and practical interest.
The Institute is also actively involved in language issues at both a national and an international level.
The Institute is the only UK-based body serving all professional linguists, whatever their country of residence or specialisms. Membership of the IoL allows you access to a range of exciting benefits from the Code of Conduct to discounts on several products/services.
Contact the association for information on membership costs.
Chartered Institute of Linguists
48 Southwark Street
Phone: +44 (0)20 7940 3100
Fax: +44 (0)20 7940 3101