CPTU – Guild of Public Translators of Uruguay
The Guild of Public Translators of Uruguay represents its members, adopting and encouraging the adoption of the provisions necessary to assure the free exercise of the profession, also ensuring its full recognition independence.
CPTU takes all sorts of measures aimed at improving the legal status of translators, providing all required advice related to the profession, and ensuring the development of conscience and professional ethics among translators. It has connections with legal, literary and academic organizations, and it continuously establishes links with national and foreign institutions.
The website is not offered in English.
- Enjoying the prestige, professional recognition of the association;
- Being active in the market through the website and printed list;
- Access to information on job opportunities and training through ongoing communication via email and a quarterly newsletter;
- Access to legal and tax information related to the translation profession;
- Access to training courses and workshops, free of charge or with preferential rates and priority registration.
- Strengthening the work of a professional body that aims to defend the interests of their members;
- Being part of an institution that fosters the growth of the translation industry.
Contact the association for information on membership
Guild of Public Translators of Uruguay
Colonia 892, Esc. 604
Phone: +598 2 903 31 30
Fax: +598 2 903 31 30
Contact Form: http://www.colegiotraductores.org.uy/