AITI – Italian Association of Translation and Interpreting
The Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti, founded in Biella, Italy in 1950, is a non-profit professional association of translators and interpreters. It is a
founding member of the International Federation of Translators and a founding member of CEATL (the European Council of Associations of Literary Translators).
AITI is organized into a Presidency, a National Governing Council and 12 regional sections. The Association's members are either freelance or in-house translators and interpreters. Potential members must submit an application form together with their educational qualification (diploma or university degree) and documented curriculum vitae. Translators must pass an entrance examination. Applicants with a diploma must have between 3 and 6 years of experience depending on
the type of diploma held, while those with a university degree must have between 1 and 2 years of experience.
AITI benefits its members by
- promoting collaboration with translation and interpreting schools;
- promoting the continuing professional training of translators and interpreters;
- promoting the collection and dissemination of information on the profession;
- safeguarding the economic and legal interests of its members;
- promoting legislation that recognizes a legal professional status for translators and interpreters and strengthens translators' copyright in their work.
? 90 Ordinary Member
? 60 Practicing Member
Italian Association of Translation and Interpreting
Viale delle Milizie 9
c/o Studio Bianchi
Tel +39 339 658 37 57
Fax +39 06 233 295 502