NOTA – Northeast Ohio Translators Association
NOTA was founded in 1977, established as a not-for-profit corporation in Ohio in 1978, and recognized as the second Permanent Chapter of the American Translators Association (ATA) in 1979.
Although we encourage our members to become members of the ATA as well, it is not required. Neither ATA nor NOTA tests you on your language skills as a condition
for membership. To become a member of NOTA, visit our Join NOTA page.
Like its parent organization, NOTA supports and promotez the interests of professional translators and interpreters, primarily those living and working in the
northeastern portion of Ohio, as well as individuals in other related fields and geographical regions. NOTA promotes professional development and competence through workshops, seminars, and its newsletter. Members maintain a support network for mutual assistance and cooperation, terminology exchange, and continued professional development in Northeast Ohio.
– You will receive periodic announcements via e-mail from our Executive Committee regarding upcoming events. Your e-mail address will not be passed on to third parties.
– Our free newsletter, NOTA Bene, is published 5 times a year and contains news and articles.
– The NOTA Membership Directory lists all individual and corporate members. The directory is published annually and distributed free of charge to all members, as well
as to local libraries, government agencies, hospitals, law firms, international businesses, etc.
– NOTA has a members-only listserv that circulates news regarding translation and interpreting.
– NOTA occasionally holds workshops for professional development. Our close relationship with Kent State University’s Institute for Applied Linguistics, one of
America’s leading university-based translator training programs, allows us to offer our members access to the finest translation resources and seminars in the
– NOTA sponsors an ATA certification exam each year for our members as well as other translators in our region who are interested in demonstrating their translation
competence. The ATA certification examination is generally held in May at Kent State University.
$15 Student membership (with proof of full-time enrollment)
$25 Regular membership
$35 Corporate/Institutional membership
$50 International membership
Ms. Jill Sommer, President
33425 Bainbridge Road
Solon, OH 44139
Phone: (440) 519-0161
Contact Form: http://www.notatranslators.org/contactNOTA.aspx