ITAINDIA – Indian Translators Association
Indian Translators Association is a non-profit making body registered under societies registration act XXI, 1860 of India and recognized by world apex body of translators International Federation of Translators (F?d?ration Internationale Des Traducteurs (FIT) with its headquarters in Montreal.
Indian Translators Association seeks to unite the widespread translators and interpreters community of India at a common platform to address issues for betterment of the industry and take steps to ensure that
its members provide services meeting professional standards of the industry.
Within a short span of its inception, the association has gained confidence of more than 100 translators and interpreters from all over India and that our association continues to focus on up-gradation of knowledge and capabilities of its members by organizing workshops, creating quality awareness and following the
code of professional conduct. Simultaneously, it constantly acts as an interface between government bodies and affiliates of the Translation Industry of India.
ITAINDIA has developed relations with leading translator associations at regional, national and international levels with a view to exchange information as well as
develop relations that help in up-gradation of translation as well as technological skills of its members and converge on areas of mutual interests.
Although ITAINDIA has plans to focus more on regional and national level activities, it also plans to take the Indian Translation Industry to the world forums by getting associated with global translation organizations, including International Federation of Translators (FIT). Many positive steps have already been initiated in this direction.
Two-way communication is one of the foremost benefits of ITAINDIA membership. Member organizations are encouraged to contribute their calendars of events, news, notices, relevant articles, research results, etc. to ITAINDIA
publications, which all members receive.
Member organizations are encouraged to read and further disseminate the information they receive from ITAINDIA to help their fellow translators and interpreters keep abreast of the developments and opportunities in India and
around the globe.
ITAINDIA offers members:
- Daily news related to translation and similar activities through the world?s leading translation news services Inttranews
- The opportunity to publish articles in its publications
- The opportunity to disseminate news and notices at Inttranews
- Targeted advertising in ITAINDIA Publications
- International ID card issued by FIT at a very nominal cost
- Contact with like?minded translators, interpreters, agencies, institutes and the opportunity to exchange:
- Mailing lists
- Commercial information about the language market
- Information about technology, standards, good practices, professional profiles and status.
- Opportunity to win recognition by nominating candidates for ITAINDIA Prizes.
- Contact with ITAINDIA committees, and
- The opportunity to serve on ITAINDIA committees.
INR 2000/- Translators / Interpreters
INR 3000/- For agencies / service providers
INR 6000/- For Institutes / training centers / research centres / organizations
Indian Translators Association
K-5/B, Lower Ground Floor,
Kalkaji, New Delhi -110019
Tel: +91(011) 26291676 Fax: +91(011) 41675530