EUATC – European Union of Associations of Translation Companies
The EUATC is an umbrella organisation for national associations of translation companies throughout Europe, without being limited to the EU. Among other things, the EUATC provides a united voice for translation companies.
It promotes the highest standards of quality and business practice and helps to improve the training of translators across Europe. The website includes
information about the association and its activities as well as the wider world of the translation industry.
The objectives of the EUATC are to:
- promote the highest standards of quality and business practice among member associations
- provide a strong, united voice for translation companies when addressing governmental and non-governmental institutions in Europe and the rest of the world
- give translation buyers information and advice about the benefits of commissioning recognized translation companies
- help solve common issues affecting the translation industry across Europe
- make a contribution towards enlarging the European market for quality translations
- assist in establishing national associations of translation companies throughout Europe
- help to improve the training of translators across Europe
- promote co-operation with freelance translators, encouraging smooth procedures and good working relations
- liaise with related associations world-wide
Members of the EUATC are national associations of translation companies established in any European country and are not restricted to EU members.
In order to encourage genuine national representation and co-operation, only one association per country can become a member. In countries where more than one
association of translation companies exists, the associations are encouraged to work together to further the unity and strength of the industry.
In countries where no association exists, the General Meeting may agree, by unanimous decision, to approve the membership of an individual company for a period of one year. During this period, the EUATC will help that company to promote the creation of an Association of Translation Companies in that country.
Members are entitled to send two delegates to the General Meetings (although each country has only one vote).
Contact the association for information on membership costs.
EUATC - European Union of Associations of Translation Companies
27 Polymnias Street
155 61 Athens
Phone: + 30 210 6525227
Fax: + 30 210 6540652
Contact Form: http://euatc.org/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3